Limbo

We had a similar night last night, though the alarms were less frequent and, largely, more brief.  His saturation levels went down to the 50’s and low 60’s for a 30 second-1 minute period twice, and he dipped into the low 60’s briefly about a handful of times and came right back up to his normal levels.  Absolutely no symptoms – no color changes and no heavy breathing (I should say no heavier than his normal from birth).

I called our cardiologist this morning with the update.  He said he had wrestled with what to do for us quite a bit and just doesn’t see the benefit of going into the hospital at this point.  His advice is to ride it out and see what happens.  If things change, we call in again and decide from there.  He revisited the echo this morning and just isn’t seeing any reason (at least heart-wise) why his saturation levels would be doing that.

So – we watch and wait.  I’m not sure how I feel about it.  On the one hand, I am relieved we don’t have to spend the day in the hospital, at least today.  On the other hand, it would have been a relief to hand over his care to the professionals and try to figure out why this has started happening.

Leave it to our kid to be a puzzle!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s